dog

Teen Wakes Up From Nap After Hearing Puppy Squealing, Then Realizes He’s Trying To Save His Life

by Mauricio Castillo
Mauricio has been writing for 11 years and is deeply into movies, sports and anything funny.

A tiny, 6-pound Yorkie recently became a hero.

Damontre McLeod, 17, arrived home from school in Harford County, Maryland, on March 29, 2017.

He went to his room, undressed, went back down to his kitchen, put a snack in the microwave, and then went to the living room for a brief nap.

He did all this after closing his door to make sure that his Yorkie, King, wouldn’t interrupt him. According to Damontre, King is always overenthusiastic, and would undoubtedly not let him sleep.

The decision to keep King from the living room almost came back to haunt him.

Soon, he could hear the little Yorkie scratching and howling.

At first, Damontre ignored King, but when the pup didn’t stop, he went outside.

“I opened up the door and then I get hit with all this smoke in my face,” he said. “It was like a barrage of smoke. I looked in the kitchen and there was a big barrage of fire and flame.”

Damontre acted quickly, scooping up King and getting out of the house before calling the fire department.

Apparently, faulty wiring in the microwave had caused the fire.

“That dog is a hero to him; that fire could’ve been going on and raging before he even knew it,” said Sr. Deputy State Fire Marshall Oliver Alkire.

“If he hadn’t been there, I don’t know if I would’ve made it,” Damontre said. “He saved my life.”

Please SHARE this story on Facebook!

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.